Welcome to the eighth issue of the IFJ Focus on Safety, a monthly blog which provides highlights, news and in-depth analysis of safety-related events of concerns to journalists.
The blog is part of the IFJ strategy to promote the safety of journalists and to combat the issue of impunity. Please check out the IFJ International Code of Practice for the Safe Conduct of Journalism at the end of this issue.
We value your feedback and would like to hear about your safety experience on the field as well as any stories you would like to share with members of the IFJ family, the global journalists’ community.
The present issue covers the following:
- IFJ urges accountability for deliberate targeting of journalists in 2014 summer Gaza war
- IFJ and EFJ launch safety handbook on Russia and Ukraine
- Media safety advisory for Baku 2015 European Games
- Call for probe into police violence after attack on journalists in Armenia
- Concerns rise over media safety in India after journalist survived ordeal
See the IFJ's Safety site here
For more information, please contact IFJ on + 32 2 235 22 16
The IFJ represents more than 600,000 journalists in 134 countries
Follow the IFJ on Twitter and Facebook
Suscribe to IFJ News