Welcome to the 16th issue of the IFJ Focus on Safety, a monthly blog which provides highlights, news and in-depth analysis of safety-related events of concerns to journalists.
The blog is part of the IFJ strategy to promote the safety of journalists and to combat the issue of impunity. Please check out the IFJ International Code of Practice for the Safe Conduct of Journalism at the end of this issue.
We value your feedback and would like to hear about your safety experience in the field as well as any safety-related stories you would like to share with members of the IFJ family, the global journalists’ community.
The issue covers the following safety-related events and activities:
• Conference on impunity for crimes against journalists calls for codification of protection measures
• IFJ Marks Third UN Day against Impunity for Crime Targeting Journalists with Call to Turn Words into Action
• Yemen: Concerns for Wellbeing of Tortured Journalist
• Journalist Attacked by Hospital Staff in Nepal
• Prominent Cartoonist Zunar Targeted Government and Supporters in Malaysia
• Police Attack Journalist during Raid on Radio in Afghanistan
• #25N: IFJ Backs Global Call for Action on Violence against Women journalists
• Serious Threats to Safety of Journalists ahead of December Poll in Gambia
See the IFJ's Safety site here
For more information, please contact IFJ on + 32 2 235 22 16
The IFJ represents more than 600,000 journalists in 140 countries