The European Federation of Journalists (EFJ), the Swiss professional association of journalists Impressum, Amnesty International, the University of Fribourg, Reporters Without Borders and Press Emblem Campaign (PEC) adopted a joint resolution at the end of the third Forum on the journalism this Sept. 24 in Lausanne.
The resolution calls:
- Publishers to provide sufficient human and material resources to journalists to ensure the freedom of the press;
- Governments to ensure the protection of journalists' sources;
- The Swiss government to launch the necessary consultations with the international community to develop an international mechanism for the protection of journalists in conflict zones (including investigations to end impunity);
- the Swiss government to consider direct aid to the press;
- States to adopt legislation that contributes to data protection facing mass surveillance.