Welcome to the 13th issue of the IFJ Focus on Safety, a monthly blog which provides highlights, news and in-depth analysis of safety-related events of concerns to journalists.
The blog is part of the IFJ strategy to promote the safety of journalists and to combat the issue of impunity.
Please check out the IFJ International Code of Practice for the Safe Conduct of Journalism at the end of this issue.
We value your feedback and would like to hear about your safety experience in the field as well as any safety-related stories you would like to share with members of the IFJ family, the global journalists’ community.
The issue covers the following safety-related events and activities which took place since January 2016:
- IFJ 25th Report on Journalists and Media Staff Killed between 1990 and 2015
- IFJ Joins International Conference on Safety of Media Professionals
- Launch of Course in Media Safety in Beirut, Lebanon
- Ukrainian Journalist Released after One-Year Long Detention in Eastern Ukraine
- Colombian Journalist Claudia Julieta Duque Testifies in Landmark Trial for ‘Torture’ by DAS
- News Anchor Harassed over Talk Show in Kerala, India
- Indian Journalist under Attack for Reporting
- Journalist Arrested as Police Storm Newsroom in Maldives
- Journalists and Media Staff Killed Since January 2016
- IFJ International Code of Practice for the Safe Conduct of Journalism
See the IFJ's Safety site here.
For more information, please contact IFJ on + 32 2 235 22 16
The IFJ represents more than 600,000 journalists in 139 countries