The IFJ organised in collaboration with the SNJT a two-day workshop on collective agreements for members of the Syndicat National des Journalistes Tunisiens (SNJT)'s executive committee and branch leaders on 2-3 November.
14 participants including 8 women journalists attended the workshop.
The workshop was moderated by the international negotiation trainer Arne Konig and focused on the following points:
- Reasons for a collective agreement (CA)
- Current situation on CA for SNJT
- Preparing for a CA
- Counseling with members and local and regional branches.
- Setting goals for negotiations.
- Preparing information systems for members, employers, other unions, the public
- Negotiations: build a negotiating team, defining the mandate of the negotiators, ethics, the way to conduct the talks.
- Role play on: convincing an employer to adopt a collective agreement, convincing employers of a separate agreement on professional standards for journalists, and finally convincing the employers of a regulation in a CA that is specifically important.
For more information, please contact IFJ on + 32 2 235 22 16
The IFJ represents more than 600,000 journalists in 139 countries