The International Federation of Journalists (IFJ) is looking for a Campaigns and Communications and Officer (M/F) in its headquarters in Brussels for 12 months - Immediate hiring!
Together with the Head of Department, the Campaigns and Communications officer will help implement the IFJ´s internal and external communications policy. This includes:
- Standardising and professionalising the external communication of the IFJ
- Liaising with IFJ members across the world and responding to their queries
- Managing the website and social media (Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and YouTube)
- Designing campaign and communication visuals and tools
- Developing and implementing IFJ campaigns, activities, promoting press freedom and decent working conditions for journalists
- Drafting press releases
- Media monitoring
- Occasional translation work
Fluent spoken and written English (native or equivalent)
Good knowledge of French and/or Spanish
Excellent communications skills (both verbal and written)
At least 2 years’ experience as a journalist or communication officer
Community media management skills
Experience in web site management
Knowledge of trade unionism an asset
Good organisational skills and attention to detail
A 12-month contract – with the possibility of it becoming a permanent contract - in a great multicultural and international workplace based in Brussels, Belgium
Open and respectful organisation culture advocating for press freedom, labour rights and gender equality
Salary based on experience with additional meal vouchers, group insurance and DKV health insurance
The IFJ is the global voice of journalists. First established in 1926, the IFJ promotes international action to defend press freedom and social justice through strong, free and independent trade unions of journalists. Today it represents around 600,000 members in more than 140 countries in the world.
To apply, please send your CV and a covering letter - by midnight CET on Sunday 12 June 2022 - to firstname.lastname@example.org
Interviews will be held – in-person or online - on 16 or 17 June. Only selected candidates will be contacted.