Welcome to the ninth issue of the IFJ Focus on Safety, a monthly blog which provides highlights, news and in-depth analysis of safety-related events of concerns to journalists.
The blog is part of the IFJ strategy to promote the safety of journalists and to combat the issue of impunity. Please check out the IFJ International Code of Practice for the Safe Conduct of Journalism at the end of this issue.
We value your feedback and would like to hear about your safety experience on the field as well as any stories you would like to share with members of the IFJ family, the global journalists’ community.
The present issue covers the following:
- IFJ Backs Call for Federal Law to Investigate Killing of Journalist in Russia
- IFJ Slams China over Attacks on Online Media Platform
- IFJ Urges US President to Demand Release of Jailed Journalists in Ethiopia
- Concerns over Disappearance of Three Spanish Journalists in Syria
- IFJ and EFJ Make Joint Submissions to the Council of Europe on Violence against Journalists in Turkey and Macedonia
- Journalists Killed in July 2015
See the IFJ's Safety site here.
For more information, please contact IFJ on + 32 2 235 22 16
The IFJ represents more than 600,000 journalists in 134 countries