Welcome to the 12th issue of the IFJ Focus on Safety, a monthly blog which provides highlights, news and in-depth analysis of safety-related events of concerns to journalists.
The blog is part of the IFJ strategy to promote the safety of journalists and to combat the issue of impunity.
Please check out the IFJ International Code of Practice for the Safe Conduct of Journalism at the end of this issue.
We value your feedback and would like to hear about your safety experience in the field as well as any safety-related stories you would like to share with members of the IFJ family, the global journalists’ community.
The issue covers the following safety-related events and activities which took place in November 2015:
- IFJ 2015 Campaign against Impunity for Crime Targeting Journalists
- African Union and European Union Agree to Jointly Mark UN Day v. Impunity for Crime against Journalists in 2016
- IFJ Moderates Panel on Successful Cases in Ending at International Conference on Impunity for Crime against Journalists
- IFJ Participates in Training of Burundi Journalists in Covering Armed Conflict
- IFJ Launches Solidarity Fund for Yemeni Journalists
- Trailer of the IFJ 25th Report on Journalists and Media Staff Killed in Line of Duty
- Journalists’ Safety Guide on Body Armor
- IFJ International Code of Practice for the Safe Conduct of Journalism
See the IFJ's Safety site here.
For more information, please contact IFJ on + 32 2 235 22 16
The IFJ represents more than 600,000 journalists in 139 countries