To mark the publication of the International Federation of Journalists’ (IFJ) “Killed list of journalists” and following the publication of Fight Impunity’s (FI) report on "The State of Impunity in the World", the two organisations invite you to a joint conference on the impact of impunity on journalism and media freedom worldwide. It will be held online on 15 March from 11.30 am to 1pm CET.
The online event will bring together the Chair of the European Parliament’s Subcommittee on Human Rights, the President of the IFJ, the President of FI and frontline journalists. Based on their experiences and data collected over the past 30 years, the speakers will take stock of the state of impunity in the world and the consequences for freedom of expression, while exploring how the mobilisation of international organisations and institutions as well as political action can contribute to strengthening the respect of fundamental rights.
List of speakers:
- Marie Arena, Chair of DROI in the European Parliament
- Pierantonio Panzeri, Fight Impunity President
- Younes M'jahed, IFJ President
- Anas Aremeyaw Anas, journalist
- Orsola Casagrande, journalist
- Anthony Bellanger, IFJ General Secretary
- Jim Boumelha, IFJ Honorary Treasurer
To participate, register here before 12 March 4PM CET