Every week the International Federation of Journalists (IFJ) is compiling a list of the top news articles from across the world in which it is mentioned.
Read some of the news highlights from Saturday 25th of August to Friday 31st of August.
1. Link tax wording must be maintained, say European publishers, IP Pro the Internet
2. Ukraine: FAQ on the Freedom of Speech Issues in Terms of Hybrid War, Ukrinform
3. Bosnian Serb Leader Has History of Targeting Journalists, Balkan Insight
4. Muzzling the media: Threat to democracy, The Himalayan Times
5. Gagging the press in installments, The Napoli Times
6. Corbyn needs better ideas than tech tax to fund…, Brinkwire
7. Copyright - tutelare pubblicazioni giornalistiche sul web, Funding Aid Strategy Investment
8. IFJ expresses concern over political censorship in Sri Lanka, Tamil Guardian
9. Religious extremists, politicians meddle with artistic freedom in Sri Lanka, IFJ charges, Colombo Page
10. An upcoming vote promises to completely transform the Labour Party, The Canary
11. ¿Cómo hacer frente a las ‘fake news’?, PR Noticias
For more information, please contact IFJ on + 32 2 235 22 16
The IFJ represents more than 600,000 journalists in 146 countries
Follow the IFJ on Twitter and Facebook