Recruitment of Officer
The Secretariat of the Federation of African Journalists (FAJ) is looking for an Officer in charge of special projects and communications for one (1) year contract renewable based on performance.
The successful candidate must have the following skills:
- Professional training or experience in journalism, communication or any other equivalent disciplines connected with media and journalists;
- Ability to develop and implement projects;
- Have good command of English language and a second language (French or Portuguese);
- Have good knowledge of the media situation on the African continent; - Have good knowledge and command of ICTs;
- Be pragmatic and capable to take initiatives, ready to work in a team and under pressure;
- Experience and considerable knowledge of trade unionism, with proven ability to campaign;
- Experience of leading campaigns, working with civil society movements and institutions;
- Professional written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills; - Ability to communicate and interact with officials at all levels and to work effectively with affiliates;
- Knowledge of communication and public relation techniques and ability to develop and Deliver reports and presentations.
- Degree or equivalent in journalism, communication or any other equivalent;
- Five years working experience (especially in project work is an advantage);
- Be available immediately.
Duties of the Officer:
- Oversee the Administration of FAJ;
- Develop new projects in consultation with beneficiaries;
- Plan activities with beneficiaries for implementation; - Conduct and monitor project activities and reports;
- Follow up on programs on safety of journalists and initiates reports and press releases;
- Mobilize resources for campaigns;
- Update the website;
- Work on reports and publications.
Send application, motivation letter and CV to:
International Federation of Journalists - Africa Regional Office
BP 64257, Dakar Senegal; or by e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Latest: 12 September 2014</address>