Stronger Media for Stronger Democracy In The Maldives
This project is led by the International Federation of Journalists in partnership with the Maldives Journalists Association (MJA) to strengthen the capacity of journalists to defend press freedom and democracy in the Maldives. The objective of the project is to assess the immediate issues and needs of Maldivian journalists and provide critical institutional support and training.
- Institutional strengthening of journalist representative organizations
- Freedom of expression assessment
- Journalism and media rights training
- Media rights monitoring and advocacy
- Impunity research and campaigns
Dates: January 2021 – March 2021
This project is funded by the Foreign Commonwealth and Development Office.