Media Rights Violations and Monitoring in South Asia
The objective of this project is tostrengthen monitoring, reporting and advocacy by journalists in conflict zones in South Asia. This is in keeping with the UN Plan of Action for the Safety of Journalists, the Journalists Safety Indicators (JSI).
Key activities include:
- Risk Assessment Capsule Reports for each target country/region on the primary threats to journalists and media
- Review of current advocacy efforts.
- Revised Media Rights Monitoring Training Manual adapting to the UN Plan of Action for the Safety of Journalists, the Journalists Safety Indicators (JSI) & the prioritiesof SDG 16 & Target 16.10.
- Regional workshops in India, Sri Lanka, Nepal and the Maldives.
- Project evaluation expert meetings in Nepal.
- Production of monthly bulletins including media rights violations.
- Production of annual South Asia Press Freedom Report.
Location: South Asia - regional
Dates: October 2019 – December 2020
This project is funded by the UNESCO