Welcome to the third issue of IFJ ‘Focus on Safety’, the monthly blog posting which provides highlights, news and in-depth analysis about safety-related events of concern to journalists.
This is part of IFJ strategy on the safety of journalists and the issue of impunity. We welcome your feedback, experiences in the field and any stories you may wish to share with members of the global journalists’ community.
The present issue covers the following:
- UNESCO Discusses Journalists’ Safety after Charlie Attack
- Report into Ampatuan Massacre: Five Years On
- IFJ and -UNESCO to Develop Safety Training Course at Universities in Middle East
- Sri Lanka to Reopen Investigation into Murder of Lasantha Wickrematunge
- Mexico Investigates Mayor for Murder of Journalist Moisés Sánchez Cerezo
- ‘Deadly Ambush’ Kills Five Journalists in South SUDAN
See the IFJ's Safety site here.
For more information, please contact IFJ on + 32 2 235 22 17
The IFJ represents more than 600 000 journalists in 134 countries