The International Federation of Journalists (IFJ) has an opening for an intern to work with its team in the Arab World and Middle East region from its headquarters in Brussels.
The internship is opened for a minimum period of three months and up to six months starting from October 2016.
We are looking for someone with the following skills
- The applicant must be a student (graduate/post graduate).
- Fluency in Arabic and English, speaking French as well is an advantage.
- Excellent writing skills
- Knowledge of the journalism landscape in the Arab World - Middle East region.
- Organisational skills
- Commitment to advancing social justice and trade-union values
Your daily tasks will involve
- Translating or summarizing communications, news items and other project related materials.
- Assisting in events’ organization and logistics
- General support for projects and communications in the region including website updates and developments.
- Experience in project management, communications and journalism in the world’s largest organisation of journalists
- In-depth understanding of trade unions rights and press freedom challenges in the Middle East and the Arab World.
If you are interested in this opportunity, send your CVs and short cover letter (no more than 100 words) to: email@example.com
For more information, please contact IFJ on + 32 2 235 22 11
The IFJ represents more than 600,000 journalists in 140 countries