Every week the International Federation of Journalists (IFJ) is compiling a list of the top news articles from across the world in which it is mentioned.
Read some of the news highlights from Friday 1st of June to Friday 6th of June.
1. What’s behind the case of the Russian journalist who faked his own death, By Chris Dukan, The Weekly Observer
2. IMPORTANT NOT TO DILUTE HARD-WON RTI VICTORIES, Daily Mirror
3. Press freedom groups fear staged murder of Russian journalist could 'damage media credibility', By Charlotte Tobitt, Press Gazette
4. Israel Politik: Illegal Settlement, By Frank Connolly, Village
5. Israel must halt law that could criminalise media, By Roy Greenslade, The Guardian
6. UNESCO participates in International Association of Press Clubs, DevDiscourse
7. Media workers demand Russia release Sushchenko, Ukrinform
8. Palestinian activist threatened with death for exposing Israel crimes, Middle East Monitor
9. Plans to ban photos of Israeli soldiers will stain the country’s reputation even further, By James Rodgers, The Conversation
10. IFJ, EFJ Condemn Kiev's 'Intimidation Campaign' Against Journalists, Sputnik International
12. This news really was fake, happily, By Rex Smith, Las Vegas Sun
For more information, please contact IFJ on + 32 2 235 22 16
The IFJ represents more than 600,000 journalists in 146 countries