Every week the International Federation of Journalists (IFJ) is compiling a list of the top news articles from across the world in which it is mentioned.
Read some of the news highlights from Friday 18th of May to Friday 25th of May.
1. Palestine Journalists Syndicate to prosecute Israel in ICC, Middle East Monitor
2. WHO Bows to China Pressure, Contravenes Human Rights in Refusing Taiwan Media, By David Green, The News Lens International
3. MOFA protests over Taiwan media exclusion from WHA, Focus Taiwan News Channel
4. Afghan media’s “deadliest day” exposes the resolve, resilience and vulnerability of its journalists, By Shadi Khan Saif, Equal Times
5. Despite Exclusion, Taiwan Lodges Protest at UN World Health Assembly, By Paul Huang, The Epoch Times
6. Fiji Times Four ‘relieved’ sedition newspaper freedom ordeal is over, By Pacific Media Watch, Asia Pacific Report
7. Right to express, Pakistan Today
8. Taiwan condemns WHA’s media ban, Taipei Times
9. Int'l press body condemns arrest of journalists in Libya, Kuwait News Agency
10. International Group Demands Release of Journalists Detained in Libyan Capital, By Jamal Jawhar, Asharq Al-Awsat English
11. Journalistic Community Slams Kiev's Ban on Russian media, Sputnik International