Every week the International Federation of Journalists (IFJ) is compiling a list of the top news articles from across the world in which it is mentioned.
Read some of the news highlights from Friday 2nd of February to Friday 9th of February.
- Dem lawmaker introduces bill to protect journalists from violence. By Brett Samuels, The Hill.
- Journalism NGO reports ‘unprecedented hardship’ for Hong Kong’s media industry and ‘bleak’ trends in China. By Karen Cheung, Hong Kong Free Press
- In’tl press body condemns media violations in Iraqi Kurdistan. Kuwait News Agency
- Iraqi Kurdistan: The IFJ warns about media freedom violations in the region. IFEX
- China Press Freedom Report 2017 | IFJ expresses concern over treatment of journalists after Hato. By Daniel Beitler, Macau Daily Times.
- América Latina. Siete periodistas fueron asesinados en 35 días de 2018. Por Ernesto Carmona, Tercera Información.
For more information, please contact IFJ on + 32 2 235 22 16
The IFJ represents more than 600,000 journalists in 146 countries
Follow the IFJ on Twitter and Facebook