The International Federation of Journalists (IFJ) is looking for a Communications and Campaigns Officer (M/F) in its headquarters in Brussels for 9 months - Immediate hiring!
We are looking for a native speaker in English, French or Spanish with good skills in the other two languages
Previous journalism experience and a knowledge of trade unions is essential
Excellent communication skills – written and verbal
Exceptional organizational skills and attention to detail
Workplace: Brussels. Deadline: 13 May.
Together with the Head of Communications and Campaigns, you will help to implement IFJ´s internal and external communications:
- Campaigns and lobbying
- Coordination of communications from our regional offices in Europe, Africa, Asia Pacific, Latin America, North America & Canada and the Middle East and Arab World
- Daily press releases and production of online IFJ Newsletter to affiliates every 3 months
- Media monitoring and weekly press clippings
- Website management and social media (Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and YouTube)
- Design of visuals and corporate materials
- Media relations and external requests
- Regular contacts with affiliates
- Final translations
To apply, please send your CV and a covering letter to our General Secretary, firstname.lastname@example.org
A 9-month contract in a great multicultural and international workplace
Open and respectful company culture advocating for press freedom, labor rights and gender equality
The IFJ is the global voice of journalists. Fist established in 1926, the IFJ promotes international action to defend press freedom and social justice through strong, free and independent trade unions of journalists. Today it represents around 600,000 members in more than 140 countries in the world.