Every week the International Federation of Journalists (IFJ) is compiling a list of the top news articles from across the world in which it is mentioned.
Read some of the news highlights from Monday 2nd of July to Friday 6th of July.
1. The Irish Times view on the Capital Gazette murders: An attack on the free press. The Irish Times
2. Democracy needs a free media. The Daily Mirror
3. IFJ concerned over killing journalists in Asia-Pacific. Rising Kashmir News
4. Threats to scribes are omnipresent now. The Milli Gazette
6. Maryland journalists killed in pursuit of truth. The Red Deer Express
8. Detention of Sputnik Latvia's Senior Editor Violates Press Freedom - IFJ Chief. The Sputnik News
11. EU assistance for Western Balkans’ Public Service Media. The European Western Balkans
12. Politicians should have more respect for media. The Irish Examiner
13. European Parliament Strongly condemns the grave violations of freedomof expression against Somalia's free and independent trade unions. Suna Times
14. IFJ applauds historic European Parliament resolution condemning human rights violations in Somalia. Suna Times
16. Int'l press body calls on Houthis to release kidnapped journalist. Kuwait News Agency