Latin America and the Caribbean
2015 - 2017
To improve status of women in journalism, their conditions, their opportunities, their security and their portrayal by the media through a regional gender equality campaign for Latin American journalists unions.
The programme is broken down into three main campaign areas organised around one regional meeting for IFJ affiliates each year.
2015: on gender stereotypes in media
2016: on safety of women journalists
2017: on equality in the work place
Partners: IFJ affiliates in Latin America and Caribbean and FEPALC
2015: 30 journalist leaders better informed about gender stereotypes in media
- Report on gender stereotypes and discrimination in the media
- Best practice of campaigns / projects / trainings to improve portrayal of women
- Road map for unions in improving women portrayal in media agreed and campaign endorsed by FEPALC.
2016: 30 journalist leaders better informed about threats to women journalists
- Report on gender safety issues
- Best practice examples of good safety training for women journalists
- Road map for journalists unions in improving women journalist safety agreed and campaign endorsed by FEPALC.
2017: 30 journalist leaders better informed about status of women and strategies to combat inequality in the workplace
- Report on gender work place inequality
- Best practice models of promoting equality discussed
- Road map for journalists unions in promoting equal rights agreed and campaign endorsed by FEPALC members.
The programme is supported by the Friedrich Ebert Stiftung.