Welcome to the second issue of IFJ ‘Focus on Safety’, the monthly blog posting which provides highlights, news and in-depth analysis about safety-related events of concern to journalists.
This is part of IFJ strategy on the safety of journalists and the issue of impunity. We welcome your feedback, experiences in the field and any stories you may wish to share with members of the global journalists’ community.
The present issue covers the following:
- IFJ Posts List of 135 Journalists and Media Staff Killed in 2014
- Safety Training for Journalists in Kurdistan Region of Iraq
- IFJ/EFJ Condemn Mass Arrest of Turkish Journalists
- IFJ Slams Pakistan over Withdrawal of Protection from Journalist under Threat
- IFJ Urges Opposition Leader to Call for End to Attacks on Media in Pakistan
- IFJ and FAJ Welcomes African Court’s Landmark Decision in Favour of Freedom of Expression
For more information, please contact IFJ on + 32 2 235 22 17
The IFJ represents more than 600 000 journalists in 134 countries