Work for Us
Human Rights and Journalism Internship Program
IFJ Asia Pacific is the IFJ’s Sydney-based regional office that coordinates the work and advocacy of the IFJ in Asia and the Pacific, as well as facilitate the relationship with the Asia Pacific affiliates. The work of the IFJ focuses on issues such as press freedom, trade unions, gender equity, journalists’ safety and human rights, journalism ethics, public service journalism, reporting child rights and tolerance in the media, as well as digital security.
An opportunity exists for dynamic, mature students interested in international relations and human rights, journalism and strengthening solidarity among journalists in the Asia- Pacific region.
Human Rights and Journalism Internship:
The internship requires an energetic, enthusiastic and self-motivated team-player and is a great opportunity to gain valuable experience in international relations, media and human rights in the world of global union federations.
The Human Rights and Journalism Intern will provide critical support to the Project and Human Rights Coordinator with daily internal and external community, campaign development and roll-out and support the IFJ Asia Pacific with projects and activities.
· Must be studying – media, journalism, international relations, Asian studies, government or law.
· Strong research and analytical skills
· Excellent written English language skills. Able to convey complex ideas through writing in a clear and concise manner.
· Ability to work in an organised manner, independently and manage time effectively
· Excellent computer skills and well versed in Microsoft Office Suite
Ideally, the role will be 2 or more days a week and run for 6-8 weeks. This is a volunteer internship and is unpaid.
Please e-mail the Project and Human Rights Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org for internship inquiries. Please see the IFJ Human Rights and Journalism Internship application form for more information here.