Iran's persecution of BBC Persian Service journalists & their families - UN Geneva event
Iran's persecution of BBC Persian Service journalists and their families - the implications for the international media, human rights and freedom of expression.
For the first time in its history, the BBC is making an appeal to the United Nations in Geneva about protecting the human rights of BBC journalists and their families.
This unprecedented move comes in response to years of persecution and harassment by the Iranian authorities. Read more information here.
The event will be held in Palais des Nations room XXII, UN Geneva, on Thursday 15 March from 3 to 4PM.
- Jamie Angus, Director of BBC World Service Group
- Rana Rahimpour, News Presenter and Reporter for BBC Persian Service
- Caoilfhionn Gallagher QC, Doughty Street Chambers
- Maziar Bahari, Journalism is not a Crime campaign
- David Kaye, Special Rapporteur on the promotion and protection of the right to freedom of opinion and expression (video)
- Jeremy Dear, Deputy General Secretary of the International Federation of Journalists (chair)
Follow the UNHRC 37th session on twitter with the hashtag #HRC37
Further details and contact information
Sarah Kavanagh, NUJ senior campaigns and communications officer
Telephone: + 44 (0) 7843549006
Confirmed attendees list
|First name||Last name||Company|