IFJ Project officer vacancy in Podgorica, Montenegro
The IFJ is looking for a Project Officer for the Technical Assistance to Public Service Media in the Western Balkans project.
The Technical Assistance to Public Service Media in the Western Balkans is a Service Contract of the European Commission that has been awarded to the consortium led by the International Federation of Journalists (IFJ) together with the European Broadcasting Union (EBU), the European Federation of Journalists (EFJ), the Austrian Public Broadcaster (ORF), the Balkan Investigative Reporting Network (BIRN) and the Eurovision News Exchange for South-East Europe (ERNO).
The programme beneficiaries are the six PSMs in Albania, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Kosovo, FYR Macedonia, Montenegro and Serbia. Other stakeholders include the parliamentary committees responsible for media, the media regulatory bodies and the PSM governing bodies.
The regional Programme Managing Unit will be based in Podgorica, Montenegro. The programme has the three specific Objectives.
1. To re-establish European standards and best practices across the Western Balkans as a common frame of reference for independent and professional media, both with regard to models for funding, election and functioning of governing bodies of PSMs.
2. To generate co-operation between the six PSBs on policies and practice in the reform process, including integrated newsrooms, editorial guidelines, and long-term strategies.
3. To expand cooperation on investigative journalism, mechanisms for co-production on selected topics and regional exchange of digitised archive materials.
As the Consortium leader the International Federation of Journalists is establishing an office in Podgorica to manage the programme. It is looking to recruit the Project Officer to support the work of the Team Leader and Deputy Team Leader.
Project Officer will take responsibility for providing day-to-day project administration and event organization. The primary role will be to ensure the smooth organizing of events conducted in the Western Balkans and providing general project administrative support.
The ideal candidate will have experience in project administration and event organizing including budget management. The candidate should be well organized, methodical and able to work to deadlines. They will have a high level of professionalism and ability to communicate with senior executives is required, as well as a good command of spoken and written English.
Main tasks and responsibilities will include:
1. Organizing all project related events:
o Booking flights, hotels, catering, interpretation services etc. and ensuring all necessary services are provided for each event.
o Collecting all event related documentation including boarding passes, travel receipts, participant lists and evaluation forms
o Ensuring all event related documents, programmes, background docs, etc are circulated to all participant
2. Assisting the Team Leader / Deputy Team Leader in programme implementation
3. Assisting in occasional acts of research
4. Dealing with finance and administrative issues of the Project Management Unit in close cooperation with certified accountant company which includes:
o Preparing payments and invoices
o Maintaining all finance related files
o Preparing reports to be endorsed by the certified accountant on a monthly basis
o Reporting all finance issues to the IFJ backstopping team
o university degree education
o experience in event management and projects administration
o full computer literacy including competence in excel
o professional command of spoken and written English
o willingness to travel through the Western Balkans
o a driving licence is an advantage
This is a very exciting opportunity for someone with proven experience in project management, who is willing to work hard, be flexible and be part of a stimulating and dynamic project.
Interested candidates should send a letter of motivation and their CV in English using the EU CV Format. Candidates must also provide at least one reference with the name and contact address of the referee (mail address, email or phone number).
Deadline for receipt of applications is 25 February 2018.
Interviews will be conducted 5 – 7 March from a shortlist of candidates.
With a view to starting immediately.
Duration: 30 months.