Celebrate International Women’s Day 2017 on 8th March
This year’s theme for the UN’s International Women’s Day is “Women in the Changing World of Work: Planet 50-50 by 2030” .Join us on 8th March and ask for:
- Improving equal access to leading newsroom positions for women and men
- Closing of gender pay gap in journalism
- Strengthening equal treatment for all workers regardless of gender
- Developing and implementing gender equality policies in the newsrooms Securing fair gender portrayal in news content
Take actionUsing the hashtag #WomensDay #Planet5050
- share your support to women’s rights by downloading and printing the IFJ #WomensDay #Planet 5050 selfie cards and visual and make sure you tag us for further dissemination @IFJGlobal
- Organise a #WomensDay event. Invite your speaker/s to explain how they took action to improve their career and get their rights recognised.
- Identify champions of equality in your media/country and write about them and their achievements
- Share gender equality resources from the IFJ and other leading organisations that advocate for gender equality in the media
- Remember that the fight for women’s rights does not end on 8Th March: organise campaigns/discussions in your own unions throughout the year, set up gender councils, make the issue a priority for 2017!
Interact with usConnect via social media and make your voice heard on International Women's Day. Use the hashtag #WomensDay #Planet5050
- Tell us about your activities on International Women’s Day on Twitter.
- Follow IFJ’s and its affiliates’ activities on Facebook.